The Completed “Masterpiece”

Masterpiece final 009

Yes, our “Masterpiece” is finally completed. All of the K-3 students at Inman have been working on this project since the beginning of the year. As you may already know, I have had a link on here to watch our “Masterpiece” as it developes.

First, we salvaged an old canvas picture out of storage. We then went to work! Our original plan was to use this to simply clean our paintbrushes out on when we were done with acrylic and tempera paints. By doing this we would prevent some of the paint from going down the drain, literally. As much paint as we use, I was afraid we would eventually clog our drains and this seemed like a simple solution.

What we discovered was that the more paint we added to our picture, the cooler it looked. The kids had a blast making this project. Once we thought it had enough paint on it, we decided to finish it off by giving it a couple of last minute swirals, which were also left over paints. This gave it a sort of “Dale Chihuly” effect.

I can’t wait to do this project again next year. Who knows, maybe we can have a whole “Masterpiece” collection to display in our media center someday.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s